In Australia, things have changed a little now that National Registration for Nurses has been implemented.
The Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council (which was formerly responsible for developing and maintaining Nursing position statements, guidelines and competency standards in Australia) has now been appointed as an independent accreditation body for Nursing and Midwifery.
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia now approves codes and guidelines to provide guidance to nurses throughout Australia.
Statements & Guidelines
The following Codes & Guidelines for nurses are available in full by visiting the Nursing & Midwifery Board Guidelines Pages:
- Guidelines and Assessment Frameworks for Registration Standards
- Professional Practice Guidelines
- Competency Standards
- Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Principles for the Assessment of National Competency Standards
- Decision Making Framework
- Professional Boundaries